We have organized a few pointers that might help make your trip more enjoyable:
- How to book a tour with us
- China Visa
- Electrical Appliances from Home in China
- How much luggage can I bring?
- How much pocket money should I bring?
- What’s included in the fees
- How we use your information
How to book a tour with us
1. For one of our standard tours or customized tour, please fill in our contact us form.
2. After receiving your tour enquiry, we will be in touch with you within 24 hours to ask for any further information that is needed. We will then send you a detailed itinerary and quote, customised to your preferences.
3. After receiving your feedback, we will modify the itinerary according to your wishes.
4. Once the final itinerary and price are decided, Lark will ask you to pay a deposit 20% of the total tour cost. For methods of payment please see payment method. At this time, you will also be asked to fill in a tour registration form for each traveller, providing details such as name, age, dietary restrictions, medical conditions, travel insurance details and incoming flight information. After we receive your deposit and registration forms, we will make the reservations for your travel in China. When we have completed the arrangements, we will send you a document with pre-tour information, giving you more information on what to pack, likely weather conditions, your guides etc.
5. If you require further assistance booking domestic flights, train travel or hotels for before or after your tour, don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.
6. Once you return from your trip, we will be in touch to ask for your feedback in tour evaluation form on our website.
ALL FOREIGNERS excepting citizens of Singapore, Japan and Brunei entering China for less than 15 days, require a Chinese visa to travel in China. You should submit your application 1-3 months prior to your visit. Please contact your local Chinese embassy or consulate for details of the application process.
When filling out the visa application form you will be asked to complete a section “company or person to visit in China” or “Residenc(s) and phone number(s) during your stay in China” (in a time sequence). It’s only necessary to enter one hotel in China, and use the hotel details specified in the start, continuing or finishing point hotel information listed in the Trip Notes.
You will need a single entry visa to complete this trip. You will be required provide a copy of the trip notes and flight itinerary. Some consulates may ask for a hotel booking confirmations, please contact us if this is required. Should you be asked to provide a personal statement of your daily itinerary you will need to use the hotel booking confirmation document that we can provide for you. Please list counties/cities and provinces to visit in China in a time sequence as follows – Beijing,Xi’an,Chengdu and Shanghai or vice versa. Do not mention Kashgar, Turpan or Tibet anywhere on your application form as this could delay the process.
Electrical Appliances from Home in China
The electricity in China is generally 220V, 50HZ, AC. There is no universal power point in China – you will find plugs with Australian, British, European and Japanese official pin designs. To be sure of being able to use your electrical appliances wherever you are, it is best to buy an adaptor, also known as conversion plugs from a hardware, department store or Duty Free stores in your home country. Electricity supply can be problematic in some rural areas of China, so we recommend bringing a flashlight for night-time trips to the bathroom and plenty of spare batteries in case you are occasionally unable to recharge camera batteries at night.
How much luggage can I bring?
Yes, the luggage limit is 20 kg per person for economy-class flights. The best type of luggage for any of our trips is a large backpack that you are able to carry yourself (at least over small distances). For some sightseeing tours suitcases or duffle bags are also possible- please see trip notes for your specific itinerary for more information. For every tour we recommend you bring a small daypack to carry your essentials such as camera, water, snacks, sunscreen etc. Please keep luggage to a minimum as luggage space in vehicles in China is quite limited.
How much pocket money should I bring?
You will need spending money for any extra meals, snacks, drinks and any alcoholic beverages. Other expenses that you will need to pay yourself include internet usage, phone calls, horse/porter fees and laundry expenses. Generally an extra $100-200 USD per person is sufficient to cover these expenses, plus whatever you usually spend on souvenir and gift purchases.
Please consult your doctor or a travel health specialist. The choice of vaccinations can depend on a range of issues including the specific destination, the duration of the trip, your personal health and of course what vaccines you have had before.
You may wish to refer to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which provides a comprehensive list of recommended immunizations prior to traveling in China:http://www.cdc.gov/travel/. For travellers from Australia and New Zealand, we recommend the Travel Doctor-TMVC clinics (see www. traveldoctor.com.auor phone 1300 658 844 for an appointment in Australia). Travellers from countries other than Australia and New Zealand should contact similar organisations or their travel doctor for advice. Some vaccines require more than one dose, so arrange for your visit at least 4-6 weeks before you travel.
Lark does NOT provide travel insurance for its travellers. We require all our tour participants to obtain their own travel insurance and this insurance must cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and evacuation expenses. It is preferable that your insurance also covers cancellation, loss of luggage/personal effects and personal liability although this is not mandatory. The details of your travel insurance policy (including your policy number and an emergency phone number) must be provided to Lark prior to tour commencement. If you do not take out travel insurance, you will be unable to participate in the tour and your tour deposit will not be refunded.
What’s included in the fees
Usually our tour fees cover all accommodation, guide’s fees, entrance fees and transportation (including airport transfers). Most meals are included apart from some breakfasts and dinners in larger towns. For itineraries that involve camping, all camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags and sleeping pads is supplied. We hire horses or porters to carry the camping equipment. Horses/porters to carry your personal luggage are usually not included in the trip cost. Please find detailed information about includes and exlcudes in your itinerary information.
How we use your information
1. We are committed to our clients privacy and security and to taking steps designed to secure your personal and financial information. We believe your private details should be kept just that and when you share personal information with us, we will make all reasonable endeavors to keep your details secure and private. 2. Who Views Your Information: Lark may disclose your information to other members within the company where necessary to fulfill our purposes. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties (contractors to whom we contract out certain services) for the purpose for which the information was collected. For example, we currently engage third party contractors such as:
- Ground operators in some regions other than our own offices In these situations Lark prohibits the third party from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. Other than the above we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity. Lark may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfill the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement (e.g. International Airlines, airlines, hotels and ground operators). In the majority of cases the transfer of the information will be necessary for the fulfillment of our obligations.
Lark offers the following payment methods to our customers: Western Union Transfer, Paypal, Wire Transfer. Client should take care of the transfer charge. We only accept payment in USD and RMB. The exchange rate we use now (updated June 25, 2016) is 1USD to 6.5 RMB.
Western Union Transfer
Western Union is the fastest way to pay as money is available for pickup immediately after it is sent. Western Union service is usually available at post offices, travel agents and money exchange centres. It is also available online.
To send a payment via Western Union you will need the following details of the receiver:
City, Country:Chongqing, China
After making the payment, you will need to email Lark the full name of the remitter, the sum of money (and type of currency), your address, and the Money Transfer Control Number provided by Western Union.
To know more about Western Union, please visit theirofficial website.
Whether or not you have a PayPal account, you may pay us securely with PayPal. Please note that Lark’s only Paypal account is
When you advise Lark that you wish to send payment via Paypal we will send you a PayPal payment link via email. By following that link, you will be transferred to PayPal’s official secure online payment website.
If you have a PayPal account, all you need to do is to login to your PayPal account and click the “pay” button. You do not need to provide credit card information.
If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay us at PayPal’s official website by providing your credit card information. PayPal accepts all the major credit card and debit card such as Visa, Master, American Express, Diners, JCB etc.
To know more about PayPal, please visit their official website.
To pay by standard wire transfer you can either go to your bank in person or use internet banking to transfer through your bank’s official website. Please make sure you write your name in the details line of the transfer.
Lark Trip uses the following account:
Name of Bank: BANK OF CHINA CHONGQING NAN’AN SUB-BRANCH
SWIFT code: BKCHCNBJ59A
Bank address: NO. 29 NAN PING WEST ROAD NAN’AN CHONGQING CHINA
Account holders’ name: ZHOU KAINING
Account number: 6217903200003105820
After the transfer has been made, please scan and email the bank receipt to Lark Trip.
Please be advised that payment by wire transfer is not available if the departure date for travel is within 20 days as it can take up to 3 weeks for the payment to arrive in our account.